We are writing to let you know that we now have approval to reopen the studios. We will be reopening from Monday 11th January. The culture secretary Oliver Dowden has stated “You should work from home unless you can’t – exemptions include for training and rehearsal of performances, recording studios and film & TV production”. This exemption only applies to artists involved in renumeration generating work. It does not apply to social bookings.
Now we have this clarification, we are performing a full review of our risk assessment of our covid secure procedures. Clearly with one in thirty people testing positive, it is vital that everyone takes utmost care and follows the rules.
Reception will be closed until 10am on the Monday 11th, so if you have any queries please send them via email to email@example.com. In the meantime, due to the situation, if a refund is required, this may take some time to process and we request that all customers agree to defer sessions to a future date if possible.
Bookings may now be made online at our website CLICK HERE TO BOOK
If you have deferred a booking or wish to change the date of a booking please email us at the above email address.
Please note the following points
1. As we are currently running the studios with a much reduced staff pattern, we ask customers to book as early as possible as we will be closing the studios at 6pm if there are no evening shift bookings by 4pm of that day, so please book before 4pm, preferably the day before so we can organise staff.
2. Band illness. We ask all customers to not attend any session if they feel ill, have been asked to isolate or have a raised temperature. Any booking cancelled at the last minute due to illness will be rescheduled at no cost or fully refunded, so long as we are informed prior to the start of the session.
3. If any band member becomes unwell during a session, we ask the band to notify us by phone and if possible leave immediately, without visiting reception. Unused hours will be credited or refunded.
4. We ask all customers to wear facemasks and use provided hand sanitisers provided in all public areas. Please use facemasks and sanitise hands when using bathroom facilities.
5. Please do not congregate or socialise in the public areas of the studio and maintain a 2m social distance at all times where possible.
We recognise how important our services are to customers.
We thank all customers for your support and patience over the last year. We hope you are all safe and look forward to a time when we can all rehearse, record, perform and enjoy music as music should be enjoyed.
Please note there will be no staff in reception to answer enquiries at present.
We will be in touch soon.
Rog and all of the team at Mill Hill Music Complex
Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook for regular updates
Tier 4 regulations
Please check back to this page regularly. We have not received guidance as to our specific sector for tier 4, however the govt statement implies that the rules are the same for workplaces as during the November lockdown, which allows professional workplaces and studios to remain open.
Music Rehearsals and Recording
Please use our online booking system to book and please confirm that your rehearsal is associated with professional work or Education. We understand that this description means that if you need rehearsal space to prepare for fee earning performances or maintain a professional level of technical capability then rehearsal is allowed. If you are preparing for recordings, making Youtube events, rehearsing for paid gigs post lockdown, rehearsing for promotional activities, putting together a showreel etc, then these are permitted activities. Sadly purely social activities are not allowed. More info on the musicians union page
We can host professionally related activities. For more info on Dance rehearsals check the Royal Academy of Dance website. Professional dance rehearsals are allowed under workplace legislation.
We can host professionally related activities, that cannot be done at home.
We have also been advised that use of the studios associated with educational purposes is allowed for formal exams and as part of home schooling and social care packages. We will be holding Rockschool exams as this is a designated permitted activity.
The shop is not open for the general public under non essential retail rules.
If your rehearsal is purely for leisure purposes, unfortunately we cannot take bookings at this time. We ask for all customers to respect the regulations.
Please wear facemasks in public facing areas and use sanitisers and wipes as provided in all studios. Please do not attend the studios if you have any symptoms of covid or are isolating.
We will keep you updated if there are any changes to these rules. It may be necessary to vary our hours of operation, based on demand.
Please book via our online booking system.
If you require a refund, please request this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org – refunds may take a couple of days to process. Please do not call reception as reception staff do not have the authorisation codes/ account access to perform refunds.
We ask all customers to follow the government covid advice, wear facemasks in common areas and use sanitisers, wipes etc as appropriate. As we have just undertaken some major refurbishments and improvements, especially in the area of ventilation and decoration, we are committed to the future of the music industry and hope that the restrictions are short lived.